Kubernetes is the core of the infrastructure we design, implement, and maintain. For us, it is more than just a fancy technology for orchestrating containers. We see K8s as an inevitable step in the evolution of IT infrastructure & software development, fulfilling engineers’ demanding expectations and business needs.
As an industry standard now, Kubernetes serves as a solid technical foundation for delivering and running applications. Generally speaking, K8s has become a language that Dev (Developers) and Ops (Operations engineers) use to communicate with each other, doing so with flying colours. Leveraging it is not just beneficial — it is an absolute necessity for any venture willing to deliver competitive products & services on the market and provide its own engineers with present-day experience.
Kubernetes benefits for business
All technical benefits of K8s aside, for us as a B2B service provider, recognising its business value is crucial.
So, what is the value that Kubernetes brings to organisations exactly? Their precise list varies depending on the industry, type, size, special requirements, and other peculiarities of the particular organisation. Based on Palark’s experience with K8s adoption and maintenance for various customers, we emphasise the following short list of benefits Kubernetes brings to business:
Kubernetes is an Open Source project and vendor-neutral industry standard supported by a large number of vendors, big and small. You can be sure it’s here to stay for a long time.
- You gain a vast ecosystem of products that are easy to integrate with.
- Your hiring, training, and overall business growth potential accelerate since Kubernetes is a perfect fit in the IT job market.
- Finally, being infrastructure-agnostic is Kubernetes’ true nature, providing you the freedom to migrate between different cloud & server providers.
Most Kubernetes users emphasise the shortened software development cycle as the most tangible outcome of adopting this technology.
Competitive time-to-market is crucial for any product today, and K8s has a lot to offer in that respect. Using Kubernetes helps organisations:
- streamline and automate CI/CD pipelines;
- render the software building & deployment processes more efficient;
- introduce dynamically created environments for software developers & testers;
- improve communication between developers and DevOps engineers;
- and so much more!
If you run your apps in Kubernetes, you can run them everywhere:
- on bare-metal servers and virtual machines,
- in public clouds,
- in private clouds,
- or combining any of these options!
Tasks that previously were viewed as totally unrealistic, such as migrating between different infrastructure options and going hybrid cloud or multi-cloud, have now become a feasible routine.
Kubernetes offers numerous capabilities when it comes to implementing optimal computing resource utilisation. For example, its auto-scaling features are essential to automatically eliminate unused resources and rightsize those currently in use.
Many other cost-saving techniques are available as well, involving resource limits, discounted computing resources, smart resources cleanup, and so on.
When properly applied, they offer solid opportunities for efficient strategies, such as:
- FinOps — reducing cloud infrastructure costs,
- and GreenOps — reducing cloud carbon footprint.
Kubernetes adoption and support services
While Kubernetes’ benefits might sound self-evident, the downside of the whole story is that adopting K8s isn’t easy and maintaining it may prove an even greater challenge. The popular way to overcome it is to opt for a major cloud provider’s managed Kubernetes. Yet, while it offers you a fast start, this choice is fraught with several problems, such as raising expenses and single cloud providers’ vendor lock-ins.
Our mission is to eliminate all the possible shortcomings and deliver to you all the essential values of Kubernetes, allowing you to focus on your primary business. To achieve this, our DevOps & SRE teams provide a full range of Kubernetes services, including:
- Initial Kubernetes adoption, containerisation, and Kubernetisation of your apps
- Maintaining K8s on any infrastructure of your choice: bare-metal servers as well as private and public clouds
- Migration to Kubernetes and transitions between different infrastructure providers
- 24×7 on-call support for Kubernetes, all the apps running in it, and all related infrastructure
- Implementing CI/CD pipelines and providing your developers with everything they need
- Deep-level expertise for Kubernetes and related cloud-native projects, all the way to patching upstream code
- Consulting for your developers and in-house SRE/DevOps engineers regarding K8s and cloud-native software design
We believe that combining all these Kubernetes services in our all-in-one approach is the most beneficial way for a business to benefit from the power of K8s & a cloud-native ecosystem. Want to learn more about how we work?
Why choose Kubernetes support from Palark?
Our team has been running Kubernetes in production since 2016. On the one hand, we have accumulated vast technical expertise and sturdily established processes, allowing us to design and implement optimal infrastructure for your apps, consult you on cloud-native software patterns, and provide L1, L2, L3, and even L4 support. On the other hand, meanwhile, the technologies we apply are not an end in itself since we focus on your business goals first and foremost and deliver the values accordingly.
Our expertise is backed by a whole lot more than merely our implementation, customisation and maintenance of numerous Kubernetes clusters, CI/CD pipelines, observability solutions, and everything else for various customers (check out their reviews, though!). We are active members of a bigger engineering community that creates the technologies we operate and devises their best practices.
We are a CNCF Silver Member and have Certified Kubernetes Administrators in all our DevOps & SRE teams.
We are actively involved in Open Source work, having members in the Kubernetes organisation and other projects, as well as numerous contributions. Learn more about our R&D!
We regularly participate in and speak at community events like KubeCon and Kubernetes Community Days, among others.
We run a tech blog with practical insights from our engineers. This content is highly appreciated and shared by the worldwide DevOps community.
Deep practical experience, a strong business focus, and ongoing community collaboration are fundamental when it comes to being able to offer our customers top-notch Kubernetes services. Does that sound like what you’re looking for?
Stay in touch and keep up to date with our latest company news and relevant industry updates.